When Do I Need EICR?

015 36 48 33 48

015 36 48 33 48

Open Hours

Open Hours:
Mon-Fri: 08:00-18:00

Sat: 09:00-17:00

East Midlands

East Midlands

The EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) usually require for House Sales (Solicitors or Conveyancers), Banks and Insurance Companies, Local Authorites, Landlords or Tenants, Company Owners and Home owners. 

Here are some of the benefits of having an EICR:

If you are unsure whether you need an EICR, you should contact a qualified electrician. They will be able to assess your needs and advise you on the best course of action.

Here are some of the common instances when you need an EICR:

For more information on electrical safety and how to get regular maintenance, testing and protection please get in touch.

Does EICR Compulsory?

It depends of your status, it is compulsory and not, here are some examples:

The person who orders the work must make sure that whoever carries out the EICR must be skilled and hold relevant qualification(s) and or Registered with one of these National Electrical Bodies: NAPIT, NICEIC, STORMA, etc. You can also check who is your local registered and competent person on Competent Person Register.

Here are some of the benefits of Electrical Maintenance

You must check if your electrician is qualified and also registered to carry out Domestic work under Part P and he must be registered with one of the 5 main organization, which you can check on the Competent Person scheme here.

Please Feel free to contact Cavendish Eletricals & Services and send us an enquiry through our web page. If you have any question you can email us to info@cavendishelectricals.co.uk or you can call us on 015 3648 3348.

We cover a wide range of areas: Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Cambridgeshire.